2019, A JUPITER CYCLE
Here we are: 2019 already - the year of Dharma, the universal Law, awakening from the dream! Moral and ethics, walking your talk, expanding into universal consciousness, sister and brotherhood, divine family unification, honouring and protecting ancient values of integrity, interconnectedness and living in Truth! We are so fond of illusion that we, so to speak, revel in it. If someone wakes us while we are having an interesting dream, we will say, 'Oh, let me sleep on!' We like looking at our dream. We do not want to wake up to reality because reality is not as interesting as the dream. Thus, amongst seekers of truth, we find few courageous enough to look at the immensity of truth. The JUPITER cycle with its many ups and downs, will infuse us with this desire out of necessity for the survival of the species. So, we better wake up before shaken awake by calamities. Today's world is changing. It is not a time when you can sit on the sidelines and enjoy the bliss of ignorance and complacency. It is a time when the struggles for the very existence of this planet will demand our attention. It is a time to stand up for dharma. A time to stand for the rights of human beings and all living things on this planet - to live within a frequency of harmony for the collective good of everything that is, has been and will be.
* * *
Love is not a matter of getting what you want. Quite the contrary. The insistence on always being satisfied, on always being fulfilled, makes love impossible. To love you have to climb out of the cradle, where everything is "getting", and grow up to the maturity of giving, without concern for getting anything special in return.
~ Thomas Merton, Love and Living;
* * *
art by Sparrow Mattes
patram puspam phalam toyam
yo me bhaktya prayacchati
tad aham bhakty-upahrtam
Whoever offers Me with devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit, or water,
that I partake in – the loving gift of the pure-minded.
~ Bhagavad Gita, 9.26
* * *
art by Pieter Weltevrede
My humble generalized opinion for the #3 JUPITER year 2+0+1+9 = 12 = 3, is that it will be very spiritually illuminating as the laws of the cosmos will be more obvious for all to experience. A cycle highlighting dharma/karma. And many will be ready and expand into the possibilities since so much has transpired already on the world stage to now have us reveal ourselves to one another in full transparency. JUPITER, GURU, the ultimate teacher, will indeed act as the remover of ignorance and be an active agent in bringing the "higher law" home to the people. There will be less to hide, less secrets, less momentum to play old paradigm power games. Full Exposure only! In this process there will be many elemental warnings of Mother Nature's cleansing and re arranging the energy grid that we so arrogantly abused and already almost destroyed. The natural disasters will be on a big scale. Prompted by # 1 Sun, heat/fire element and # 2 Moon water/security, the Luminaries will command our respect by heat and water extremes, which could be fires and floods. I expect there to be quite a few such natural disasters until more of humanity will wake up to the realization that at all times the Absolute is in charge; karmic law will preside. We are not in control of the Ultimate outcome. As a planet of Ministry, JUPITER will guide us to the SUPREME and one another with a deeper reverence for the divine laws, the yamas and niyamas. The JUPITER cycle will instruct in law, containing a definite body of knowledge about the deathlessness of the soul, and values to remember/resurrect and uphold if we are to evolve and even just survive. The certainty that we will die in our Earth experience and live on eternally in Spirit. Many superficial things will drop away by necessity. We will have an opportunity to recognize our falsehood and delusions, and by the forces of the divine oversoul desire a more beneficial outcome for the collective evolution. This will only manifest if we all commit to sincere spiritual practice, vigilant mental ecology and shed our toxic habits. Meditation may become a mainstream tool of our survival strategy and our need to be a family of intention of the highest and best, may see us partaking in the divine Leela, play of the Gods, in an expanded platform of consciousness. There will be many losses and tragedies that will drive that home in the individual scenarios, and I pray and hold out hope that we align to the message delivered with great urgency and poignant cosmic succession during this # 3 JUPITER cycle. Inform yourself and beware of the correlation between what occurs on Earth and the intense planetary patterns in the zodiac. This intensifying vibration also governs the economy through the banking system, our currencies may take a beating and there may be much economical stress due to the volatility of the stock market and the resulting chaos. This in turn will affect the real estate prices and housing costs may be soberly adjusted. The Internet is very fragile, and you may want to visit the possible scenarios, us, the modern Humans without cyber connectivity, and all that entails. Oil and gas prices will rise, and this will effect travel worldwide. Everything will "expand" in a JUPITER cycle and not always in a good way (think about your weight here). Time to rise up! It is the duty of each and every one to work for the welfare of all beings in whatever capacity we have come to express the dharma, righteous action. For in the unity and welfare of all beings is contained the Divinity, which is at the core and essence of life. When human life flows in harmony with the master plan of the Divine based on kindness and care for everything - when that dominates the human psyche, when love for the Supreme and love for all beings rules our consciousness, then there is a harmony within all the life forms of Gaia. Everything is essentially energy and that symphony of divine cords seeks to be acknowledged, seeks to be expressed. Our compromised ecosystem communicates this loud and clear. As the light of a new dawn grows on this planet, that harmony arises as the central focus of human life. Without it, human beings cannot survive. And the challenges that face humanity today are the result of a lack of this unification. We have been complacent too long already. With this #3 cycle, although filled with tremendous churning, the potential for this healing activation becomes greater. It arises, and it will not be stopped, but it brings with it the challenges that are faced today - the struggles to bring light into the world, to dissolve ignorance, and for everyone to work together to recognize that their welfare is interwoven and interconnected with each other and all other lifeforms.
* * *
Dakshinamurthy, Lord Shiva as Guru (teacher)
Although JUPITER is considered the celestial Idealist and in traditional mythology an archetype of tradition and Antiquity, it appears that we have become disconnected and disrespectful of our teachers and time-tested cosmologies of the ancients. This JUPITER year may help us understand that there is nothing new under the Sun, and unless we co-operate fully with the obvious energetic forces intelligently, we will all suffer more collectively due to our arrogance and spiritual bypassing. I think it will be a sublime dance of enormous expansion, good will and enriching options should we choose to recognize and accept them. Health-wise all the unregulated rage, anger and frustration will manifest in people's feet if they are not embodied in a balanced way, their hips if they lack flexibility, and their sugar and fat metabolism, if they remain ignorant of their choices determining their health status and keep resistance in their vocabulary. We are in dire straits and everyone one on some level knows this, so JUPITER being the benevolent, celestial frequency that He ignites and represents in us, will offer maximum potential for our advancement if only we'd be awake enough to honour it. Let us surround each other and all the worlds in LOVE only. JUPITER will be our guide through all the coming upheavals if we have faith and sincerely maintain a daily alignment practise.
AUM BRIM BRIHASPATAYE NAMAHA AUM
* * *
Religion, truthfulness, cleanliness, tolerance, mercy, duration of life, physical strength, and memory will all diminish day by day because of the powerful influence of the age of Kali.
~ Srimad Bhagavatam, 12.2.1
* * *
Sri Sri Vishnu-Lakshmi
Upayas for JUPITER
The most effective is the practise of fasting on Thursday and reciting mantras silently while you go about your duties. Dedicate this day to staying closely aware of god/guru and its divine benevolent vibrational effect upon your health and wellbeing which you subsequently contribute and dedicate to the merit of planetary upliftment.
Reciting the VISHNU SAHASRANAMA, for personal/collective protection and sustenance is a beneficial commitment and useful offering. If you cannot chant at least play a recording with the "Thousand names of Lord Vishnu" daily.
Honouring your teacher/Mentors, people who have walked the path before you and shown you much of what your belief system is based on. Respect your parents/Elders. Mother and Father are considered our first guru. Remember the ancient saying: "The youth can walk fast, but it is the Elder that knows the road".
Be super kind to children and instruct them well, they are the Future and you are in the mentor role here, so teach by example.
Wear yellow garments on Thursdays, offer yellow flowers, eat yellow foods (pulses) and enjoy some ghee in your daily diet.
Visit your local temples frequently to sustain your sankalpas (vows) and replenish your spiritual intentions. Participate and donate to pujas. In fact, let this be a year of "giving" and resurrect the ancient tradition of tithing 10% of your earnings to charity/temples, needy people, especially children's causes and provide for your teachers.
Consult your Astrologer to see if, according to your natal chart, wearing a pure yellow sapphire set in a traditional Jyotish way, would enhance your spiritual light and harmonize your vibration.
Be extra mindful of the eclipses and where they fall in your chart. As they are malefic by nature and affect us psychologically, you can be sure there are unforeseen shifts in store for everyone, better be ready and know about timing.
Also educate yourself in the art of utilizing a daily panchang, nakshatra calendar, which you can obtain for a nominal fee for our timezone (East Coast) from us, lovingly prepared by Mark C. Ferreira.
* * *
art by Kathy Kline
We must never lose our inner strength.
Only weak minds see the dark side of everything and become confused.
Those with optimism see the rays of God’s grace in any kind of darkness.
~ Amma (Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi)
* * *
yatra yogesvarah krsno
yatra partho dhanur-dharah
tatra srir vijayo bhutir
dhruva nitir matir mama
Wherever there is Krsna, the Lord of Yoga,
and wherever is Arjuna, the supreme archer,
there will also certainly be
opulence, victory, extraordinary power, and morality.
Such is my conviction.
~ Bhagavad-Gita, 18.78
* * *
Jupiter with Auroras, Hubble Telescope
Jupiter is the largest planet in the Solar System, with a mass two-and-a-half times of all the other planets combined, and eleven times the size of Earth. It is a gas giant, surrounded by 79 known moons. Four of Jupiter's moons are of a size roughly equal to Earth's Moon. Jupiter gravitational attraction is of such magnitude that it stabilizes the other planets in their orbital planes relative to the Sun. Jupiter also has a powerful magnetosphere, second only to sunspots, and capable of radio emissions. It is also believed that the formation of the inner planets - Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars - was only possible because Jupiter gravitational pull "protected" the inner planets during the Solar System formative stage.
Being the third brightest natural object in the sky, after the Moon and Venus, Jupiter has been followed closely by astronomers since early times. The Babylonians were some of the first to calculate it's 12-year orbit along the ecliptic. The formal adjectival for Jupiter is Jovian, like in "Jovian Moons". It is also the root of "jovial", what has come to mean "happy" or "merry" in the Middle Ages, due to Jupiter's astrological influence. In Vedic Astrology, Hindu astrologers named the planet after Brihaspati, the religious teacher of the gods, and often called it "Guru", which literally means the "Heavy One".
* * *
MAJOR ASTROLOGICAL DATES for 2019
- March 5th to 28th, Pisces/Aquarius
- July 7th to 31st, Cancer/Gemini
- October 31st to November 20th, Scorpio/Libra
- Jupiter, April 10th to August 11th, Sagittarius/Scorpio
- Saturn, April 29th to September 18th, Sagittarius
- Mars and Venus, no retrogrades in 2019
- January 5-6th, partial SOLAR Eclipse
- January 20-21st, total LUNAR Eclipse
- July 2nd, total SOLAR Eclipse
- July 16-17th, partial LUNAR Eclipse
- December 26th, annular SOLAR Eclipse
Key Astrological Events
- Jupiter in Scorpio, Oct 11th, 2018 to November 4th, 2019 (except 29-Mar/22-Apr in Sag)
- Jupiter long gandanta/sandhi Scorpio-Sagittarius, March 13th to May 9th
- Rahu-Ketu in Gemini-Sagittarius, March 23rd, 2019 to September 19th, 2020
- Saturn-Ketu in Sagittarius, March 23rd, 2019 to Jan 23rd, 2020
- Saturn-Ketu conjunctions, April 30th, July 4th, September 28th
- Mars-Rahu Gemini opposition Saturn-Ketu, week around June 14th
- Akshaya Tritiya, May 7th, 2019
- Venus, Sun and Mars strong periods in 2019
- Venus, (exalted) April 16th to May 10th, (own sign) June 4th-28th and October 3rd-27th
- Sun, (exalted) April 14th to May 14th, (own sign) August 17th to September 16th
- Mars, (exchange with Jupiter) to February 5th, (own sign) February 5th to March 22nd
* * *
RETROGRADES for 2019
A planet going retrograde in motion, as seen from Earth, represents an area of life that comes into magnified focus. The part of the sky where a planet retrogrades, can tell what themes will become prominent during the retrograde phase. In retrograde motion a planet will be re-visiting and re-evaluating, until finally it comes along to a stationary position for a few days and resumes normal forward movement, bringing to completion and integration the lessons and insights of that period.
In Vedic astrology, the Sign and nakshatra where the retrograde takes place, as well any other conjunctions happening simultaneously during the retrograde phase of a given planet provide clues to the themes that will be important during that period.
In 2019, Mercury, Jupiter, and Saturn will have retrograde periods. There are no retrogrades for Mars and Venus.
What can we expect from the RETROGRADE periods in 2019?
- Mercury, insights into our motivations – universal, personal and relational
- Jupiter, revelations on hidden, unknown or forgotten persons or situations in our lives
- Saturn, a chance to complete work we need to do, or have left unfinished previously
- Mars and Venus, no retrogrades
Mercury will retrograde three times in 2019: March, July and October/November.
Notable points for the Mercury retrograde:
- Mercury will start to retrograde in Water signs (Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio) and complete most of its retrograde in Air signs (Aquarius, Gemini, Libra). During the first part of retrogrades, Mercury will be quite unstable, as its analytical qualities do not perform well in the emotional Water signs. Fortunately, Mercury will complete each retrograde going into an Air sign, its own element. This will allow us some measure of intellectual understanding of the areas of life being impacted by the retrograde. Ideally this Air sign phase can be used to complete tasks that need re-thinking, re-editing, re-doing.
- Mercury will retrograde most of the time in nakshatras ruled by Jupiter (Purva Bhadrapada, Punarvasu, Vishakha) and Saturn (Uttara Bhadrapada, Pushya, Anuradha). The Jupiter nakshatras bring powers of expansive fulfilment, such as focus on achieving own goals (Purva Bhadrapada), positive outlooks (Punarvasu) and exuberant enjoyment (Vishakha). The Saturn nakshatras bring a sense of longevity, of things that keep their value in time, such as nurturing others (Pushya), friendship (Anuradha), or fighting for a right cause (Uttara Bhadrapada). Thus, there will be a tension between what we do solely for our-selves, and what we do to other-selves. Having an attitude of service and patience (Saturn) will bring out the best results during these periods.
Dates for MERCURY retrograde:
5-Mar to 28-Mar, Pisces 5 deg to Aquarius 22 deg
- In Uttara Bhadrapada, 5-Mar to 10-Mar
- In Purva Bhadrapada, 11-Mar to 28-Mar
- Ingress Aquarius 14-Mar
- the first half of the retrograde takes place with Mercury in its sign of Debilitation (Pisces). Here Mercury’s thinking is not clear and loses its analytic capabilities, compounding the usual communication glitches of Mercury retrograde. The second part of the retrograde takes place in Aquarius, an Air sign and favorable element where Mercury regains some stability. On the world stage, it may intensify the March energies of the Rahu-Ketu shifting signs, plus the Jupiter gandanta. Could be a stressful time for leaders trying to reach agreements – such as the trade disputes between USA-China, and the UK leaving the EU (Brexit).
- on a personal level, a time to revisit our own vision for humanity, and what we are willing to contribute.
7-Jul to 31-Jul, Cancer 10 deg to Gemini 29 deg
- In Pushya, 7-Jul to 22-Jul
- In Punarvasu, 22-Jul to 31-Jul
- Ingress Gemini 30-Jul
- Mercury stays almost 2 months in Cancer, a Water sign whose emotional elements do not match Mercury’s analytical approach. The retrograde happens almost completely in Cancer, and it starts a couple days after the July 2nd Solar Eclipse and the July 4th SA-KE conjunction. This high Summer will be a time of disagreement between world leaders, and it might see the revisiting of the discussions of 2018 (immigration, borders), compounding with the 2019 international treaties (trade, tariffs).
- on a personal level, a time to revisit what we need to feel emotionally secure, how we nourish and feel nurtured, who we want to be with, the family we belong to.
31-Oct to 20-Nov, Scorpio 3 deg to Libra 17 deg
- In Anuradha, 31-Oct to 1-Nov
- In Vishakha, 2-Nov to 14-Nov
- In Swati, 15-Nov to 20-Nov
- Ingress Libra 7-Nov
- This final retrograde finds Mercury in Scorpio, with Venus during the first half, and later in Libra with Mars. There is some potential for a temporary restoration of diplomacy – as the Venusian energy of harmony will be present (by conjunction and Sign). Particularly Swati is a nakshatra that works well for business development, business partnerships and promotion of material prosperity.
- on a personal level, a time to revisit the agreements we have, the boundaries we need to feel comfortable, and who we want to continue partnering and collaborating with.
10-Apr to 11-Aug, Sagittarius 0 deg to Scorpio 20 deg
- In Mula, 10-Apr to 22-Apr
- In Jyeshtha, 22-Apr to 11-Aug
- Ingress Scorpio 22-Apr
- Jupiter will be two weeks in Sagittarius, still weak by degree (sandhi), and distressed by traversing the gandanta point of Scorpio-Sagittarius. This weakening of Jupiter’s significations will add to the general instability expected for March-April. However, once back in Scorpio, Jupiter will regain strength, and the lessons to learn are those of Jyestha. Jupiter’s light will illuminate much of what is obscured in the world – in most cases not a pleasant, but necessary revelation. It is up to each individual how to use what is revealed. On a world level, chances are that what comes to surface will be used against leaders and institutions, creating or accelerating crisis. On an individual level, we can make good use of it by being shown facets of ourselves that were unknown, and patterns of behavior that we might want to evolve.
29-Apr to 18-Sep, Sagittarius (26 deg to 19 deg)
- In Purva Shada, 29-Apr to 18-Sep
- Much of the external meanings of this retrograde are detailed in the “Saturn-Ketu conjunction” section. Saturn will retrograde in a close orb of 2-3 degrees to Ketu – bringing energies that pull us in opposite directions. Saturn in Purvashadha can make us work in artistic pursuits and is connected to Venusian attributes such as the healing and performing arts, wealth – and deities such as Sri Sri Vishnu-Lakshmi. Here we will have the opportunity to work hard, and complete tasks, as this is a gift from Saturn. In parallel, there will be a pull from Ketu to reject the work and talk ourselves into spiritual by-passing. The best use of this transit is to set a focus on completing what we have started. We can bring a spiritual attitude to work – yet the work, our dharma and karma, needs to be attended to. Purvashadha will see to it that great rewards will come from our diligent efforts.
* * *
ECLIPSES in 2019
The three eclipse cycles in 2019 will be in January, July, and December/January 2020. Each cycle has a sequence of solar and lunar eclipses. The eclipses occur mostly in the Gemini-Sagittarius axis.
Eclipses are times of powerful psychological transformation, where the planets representing the soul (Sun) and the mind (Moon), the two luminaries, have their light briefly obscured. The dimming of the light outside, invites us to explore the source of light within.
What can we expect from the ECLIPSE cycles in 2019?
- January eclipses, opportunities to come to an understanding of our collective mission in 2019
- July eclipses, a time of intense events, that will ask for us to be grounded in our responses
- December eclipse, a completion of the lessons of 2019, asking for us to refine our goals
January 5th, 20:41 ET - Partial SOLAR Eclipse
- Eclipse in Sagittarius, New Moon
- Sun and Moon at 21deg Sagittarius
- Purvashadha nakshatra
- The eclipses cycles in 2019 have a common feature – Saturn is present in all the 5 setups. This seems to indicate a collective karma that humanity needs to work on this year. It will be important that clear and honest communication be offered, in order for the transformative energy brought about by the eclipses can manifest in the most beneficial way. Solar eclipses in general create setups for situations to develop further, with actual effects happening weeks or months after the eclipse date. This first Solar Eclipse will be the gentlest of the cycle. It will be visible in China and the Pacific Ocean, and its effects will be more pronounced there. Brings to mind the current trade war – and the people in power (Sun). It can either alleviate or aggravate the situation. Given other beneficial transits – Mars exchanging signs with Jupiter, Venus with Jupiter – there are good chances that crisis will be averted. It will be setting in motion on a subtle level the lessons we are to learn in 2019.
January 20th night, +00:13 ET on 21st - Total LUNAR Eclipse
- Eclipse in Cancer, Full Moon
- Moon at 6 deg Cancer
- Pushya nakshatra
- Lunar eclipses affect our mind and emotions and can be emotionally taxing on us. We feel a shift in the energy, that affects our moods and might distort our perspective. Lunar eclipses generate events that happen immediately on the day or shortly after the eclipse. Fortunately, in 2019 both lunar eclipses happen during auspicious Moon positions in the Zodiac, that will help support us through the process. This is a Full Moon in Cancer, in Pushya nakshatra, known as Paush Purnima. It’s a nourishing energy. There is also a conjunction of Venus-Jupiter in Scorpio happening at the same time – and that will bring harmony in personal relationships, and diplomacy in the world stage.
July 2nd, 15:24 ET - Total SOLAR Eclipse
- Eclipse in Gemini, New Moon
- Sun and Moon at 16deg Gemini
- Ardra nakshatra
- This Solar eclipse will come two weeks after an intense Mars-Rahu opposition to Saturn-Ketu, and likely there will be tensions reverberating globally. On the day of the eclipse, Mars will be debilitated at 6 deg Cancer, and transiting the exact point of the lunar eclipse of January 20th. This is traditionally an omen of unplanned or unforeseen situations. Two days later, on July 4th, USA Independence Day, there is an exact Saturn-Ketu conjunction. The eclipse will be visible in South America and could indicate natural phenomena or political situations in the countries there.
July 16th, 18:01 ET - Partial LUNAR Eclipse
- Eclipse in Capricorn, Full Moon
- Moon at 0 deg Capricorn
- Uttarashadha nakshatra
- This Lunar eclipse has both the Sun and the Moon sandhi (weak by degree), in the exact point between two signs. It will tend to accentuate the “eclipse” factor, i.e. the diminishing of the light during the hours of the eclipse. A very positive factor though, is that this is the GURU Purnima full Moon, an exceptionally auspicious day, where we can connect with ALL gurus. This include all those that since time immemorial have given knowledge, including our preceptors. The Moon will be in Uttarashada, a more ascetic nakshatra. It will be a time of being humble and offering sincere gratitude to all those teachers that have guided us on our path. This eclipse will be visible throughout most of the world and will happen exactly at midnight in North America. It offers a unique opportunity for spiritual insights and upliftment.
December 25th night, +00:17 ET on 26th - Annular SOLAR Eclipse
- Eclipse in Sagittarius, New Moon
- Sun and Moon at 10 deg Sagittarius
- Mula nakshatra
- This last Solar Eclipse of 2019 happens at 10 deg Sagittarius, with the New Moon and Sun close conjunct with Jupiter. Saturn, Ketu and Mercury will be in Sagittarius as well – adding to the intensity. Mars will just have entered Scorpio. Having experienced a period of calm during October-December, the world will see unexpected situation(s) arising – that will continue developing into January-February 2020. The eclipse happens close to the USA Ascendant, continuing the theme of continued crisis on the world stage. Likely the crisis of the Summer in July-August, thought to be resolved, will resurface with renewed force. From a global perspective, Sagittarius is the sign of goals, beliefs, spiritual direction, ideals, values. The non-stop churning is asking humanity collectively to consider the direction we are taking in this planet Earth.
KEY ASTROLOGICAL EVENTS in 2019
JUPITER IN SCORPIO
Oct 11th, 2018 to November 4th, 2019 (except 29-Mar/22-Apr in Sag)
Jupiter is the planet of opportunity, expansion, law and religion. It enhances and expands the significators of the house and sign it is in. Scorpio is a sign of passion and deep emotion – however, it can be secretive, strongly instinctual, power and sex oriented, and harbor a certain revengeful stinging negativity. Scorpio requires planets to have a sense of purpose, a sense of “great things to do” in order to properly use its energy. Jupiter does well in Scorpio, as it is friends with Mars, ruler of Scorpio. Jupiter’s light brings with it a mystic power that allows the expression of the higher aspect of Scorpio – the power of transformation. Jupiter then reveals aspects that were hidden, expands horizons, and give opportunities. This period can be positive for spiritual teachings, aligning with universal law (dharma), and deepening our spiritual practice. During November-December 2018, Jupiter was in Anuradha nakshatra, an energy that lights a spark within, prompting us to become more that we already are at this stage. This manifested with a sense of wanting to make changes in our life’s routines and situations, even before the traditional “New Year’s resolutions”. From the holidays onward and till November 2019, Jupiter is in Jyeshtha nakshatra, and it will prompt us to face and master our weaknesses, as Jupiter wants to direct us to follow the path of dharma. Jupiter is the guru and advisor and will lead us to right thinking, if only we can listen. Jupiter’s light illuminates our behaviours, and any non-ethical (a-dharmic), attitudes become obvious to us and others.
Jupiter long gandanta/sandhi Scorpio-Sagittarius, March 13th to May 9th
Gandanta is the transition between a Water (Scorpio) and Fire (Sagittarius) signs. It can translate as “drowning” and marks a point where there is a karmic knot. The end and beginning of a sign are an area where a planet is not at full strength (sandhi), making the task of crossing the gandanta a bit more arduous. Jupiter usually crosses over a sign in a week, but in 2019 it will unusually stay almost 2 months in the Scorpio-Sagittarius gandanta area. This will generate a kind of unsettled energy, a stormy vortex that was stuck, and Jupiter’s light is now untangling the knot. It will be important to work on being balanced during this March-April period. Grounding practices such as exercise, yoga, meditation, regular sleeping hours, healthy, whole and natural foods will help.
As within, so without, and the world might see an intensification of natural forces, such as storms and fires – as a reflection of what is going on with the emotions of the people of our planet. This will set the stage for much of what is coming during 2019, as old paradigms are threatened, and a sense of transformation is permeating our reality. An intensification of political and religious polarization, continuous pressure on world leaders, and stresses on the banking and financial systems.
Jupiter crosses the gandanta Scorpio-Sagittarius again later in the year, October 31st to November 8th, yet that will be a fast moving and positive transit, leaving behind the tremendous work done in Scorpio - with Jupiter getting established in its own sign of Sagittarius starting November 4th, 2019.
LUNAR NODES IN GEMINI-SAGITTARIUS
March 23rd, 2019 to September 19th, 2020
The lunar nodes are astronomical points in the sky that keep moving over time. These are points where the orbit of the Moon intersects the plane of the Sun (as viewed from the Earth). When this intersection happens, the three bodies are aligned, Sun, Moon and Earth. If the Moon happens to be in front of the Sun viewed from the Earth, the North Node, there is a solar eclipse, i.e. it appears that the disc of the Sun is covered for the duration of the Eclipse. If the Moon happens to be behind the Earth during the alignment, the South Node, there is a lunar eclipse, always on the Full Moon. In the lunar eclipse, it appears that the full Moon disc is covered for the duration of the Eclipse.
In Vedic Astrology, these lunar nodes are named Rahu (North Node) and Ketu (South Node). They have an energetic status equal to the other planets of the solar system and are considered chaya (shadowy) grahas. They are both related to the karmic stream that propels us from lifetime to lifetime. Rahu represents the new karma or actions we want to take. Ketu represents our past life karma. The way it manifests in one’s astrological chart, Rahu indicates areas of life where there is a strong, primal interest in this current incarnation. Sometimes to the point of obsession. Rahu goes about pursuing these areas with much gusto, but usually with a certain inexperience and ruthlessness, as these are areas of life were not fully explored before. By a combination of greed, short-sightedness and a certain naiveté, Rahu tends to get us into trouble. Ketu on the other hand, is related to the experiences we had in past lives, to the point where we have had enough of them. This leads Ketu to create a certain distance in the areas of life it affects, either through outright rejection of those areas, or trying to spiritualize those subjects.
Rahu and Ketu entering new signs, in combination with the other key astrological events in 2019, signs that something “big” is going to happen. It will be transformational. It does not necessarily mean it will be tragic, however most people are asleep, i.e. unaware of the many dynamics – social, political, economic, technological in our world. This might cause a shock, if we are caught unprepared, ungrounded and distracted – as the world around us quickly changes and we cannot adapt accordingly.
Rahu in Gemini: Rahu was in Cancer since September 2017. Cancer means family and home, and in the world stage we saw intense debates about immigration, who belongs in the country or not, Trump's Wall, Brexit and UK split from European Union. It left many feeling alienated and separated from one another, without a clear sense of belonging to a greater collective. Now with Rahu entering Gemini in March 2019, the theme moves to the future paths for humanity. RAHU in Gemini will bring technological advances and disruptions, including Mercury themes such as communications, media, social media, travel, groups we belong to. It will open new perspectives, even if not yet bringing the healing. The healing requires love, i.e. Venus, and will start in September 2020, when Rahu moves into Taurus.
Ketu in Sagittarius: Ketu was in Capricorn since September 2017 (government and industry, with dissolution of traditional alliances and commercial agreements, renewed focus on taxes and tariffs). Now with Ketu entering Sagittarius in March 2019, it will bring Jupiter themes, a new view on spirituality, and potentially a rethink of traditional religions (and its institutions). We will experience an acceleration of events and a dissolution of the inherited mental models that made sense of our world for us until now.
SATURN-KETU in SAGITTARIUS
March 23rd, 2019 to Jan 23rd, 2020
This 10-month long transit will be one of the defining marks of 2019. Saturn represent the karma we must live, the responsibilities we must face, the jobs we have to do. Saturn asks us to be present. Ketu on the other hand is a moksha karaka (liberation). It is not concerned with the material, but with the spiritual. Ketu has a tendency to reject, to give up everything. Ketu in Sagittarius, we might tend to focus on spiritual life, as a form of escapism or spiritual by-passing. However, in Vedic philosophy, one cannot move to moksha before performing one’s dharma, and completing one’s karma. Ketu tends to bring up the past: situations, unfinished business, especially with family and relatives. The key to successfully navigating the Saturn-Ketu in 2019 is to complete the task we set out to do and finishing whatever we start. Being careful with money and resources, in order not to indulge in excess or frivolous consumerism (another form of escapism) – as a Saturn and Ketu combination can quickly run up debts (Ketu), and demand the debts be paid (Saturn). Focusing on “simple, consistent effort”, and doing the task at hand, we can best channel these energies to get a lot done!
Saturn-Ketu Conjunctions in Sagittarius (Purvashada nakshatra)
Saturn and Ketu will be in a close orb of 2-3 deg for 6 months. During this period, they have 3 (three) conjunctions, that are dates that will accentuate and externalize the energies of the conjunction. These conjunctions happen in the orb opposite the United States natal Sun (at 22 deg Gemini), and will have Rahu conjoining the USA Sun as well. This will continue to expand the stress that recent USA policies are having on the world stage, i.e. treaties being reconsidered/rejected, alliances being abandoned, tough problems being left unfinished (at home and abroad), tariffs and borders.
- April 30th, Saturn retrograde at 26 deg – Saturn has just turned retrograde and will be almost station. Beware of the intense energy coming towards the end of the Jupiter long gandanta cycle. This will solidify whatever crisis is happening and reveal the tasks to be completed in 2019.
- July 4th, Saturn retrograde at 23 deg – happens close to the total Solar Eclipse in Gemini/Ardra of July 2nd, that is shaping up to be quite disruptive. Saturn-Ketu conjunct will make exact opposition to the Sun-Moon New Moon in Gemini (where the eclipse takes place). The combination of these two events promises to set up a tumultuous July-August on the world stage.
- September 28th, Saturn direct at 20 deg – this will be either the climax, or the beginning of the temporary resolution of the world issues surfacing during March-April. There will be 5 (five) planets in Virgo, forming a T-square hard aspect to the Saturn-Ketu conjunction. This is a new Moon Uttara Phalguni and should support agreements between world leaders.
Mars-Rahu opposition to Saturn-Ketu, week around June 14th
On June 14th, Mars joins Rahu in Gemini to form an exact opposition to Saturn-Ketu in Sagittarius. This will bring an uncomfortable and disagreeable energy, that can have world leaders going into the wrong type of argument. The planets will cast a hard aspect on Virgo, Chitra nakshatra, with a direct activation of the natal Saturn in USA chart, and tying together the charts of Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin (Russia), Xi Jinping (China) and Kim Jong Un (North Korea). Chitra is a Mars ruled nakshatra, representing structural elements, such as architecture and complex systems. The USA MIC (Military Industrial Complex) is represented by the Saturn in Chitra. This will not necessarily be a single event on that day, but rather a trigger for a situation that will develop over the coming weeks – going into the July 2nd Eclipse and lasting for July-August.
On a personal level it will be about how we deal with what is happening with us. Keeping our lives simple, and completing the projects we started, will help us stay focused during potential tumultuous times.
May 7th, 2019
This is known as the “indestructible day”, where everything started on this date will turn out to be auspicious. It is the one day in the year where both the Sun (Aries) and the Moon (Taurus) are in their signs of exaltation. In ancient times, it was common to buy gold on this day, looking to have the wealth effect multiply. In these modern times, a wiser investment is to seed good actions, such as donations, charitable work, helping a friend or elder. Supporting dharma, we will support ourselves and all beings.
VENUS, SUN and MARS strong periods in 2019
- Venus, (exalted) April 16th to May 10th, (own sign) June 4th-28th and October 3rd-27th
- this year the exaltation of Venus happens about the same time as the Sun. It will be conducive to artistic and creative work, supportive of personal relationships, and sociable activities.
- Sun, (exalted) April 14th to May 14th, (own sign) August 17th to September 16th
- Sun exalted can be a reaffirming time for us personally, giving us the confidence to express ourselves authentically. On the world stage, it will empower world leaders, and might help bring to a close the potential drama of March-April. The energy of Venus exalted will facilitate diplomatic solutions.
- Mars, (exchange with Jupiter) to February 5th, (own sign) February 5th to March 22nd
Mars (Pisces) in parivartana yoga with Jupiter (Scorpio), meaning that they are in each other signs. This supports the significations of both signs – and will help make January less tumultuous than the October-December months. Mars will continue strong in Aries, what can lead to a bit more confrontational attitude between world leaders. This will set the stage for the March-April drama.
* * *
PROJECTING INTO THE FUTURE
How will it look for each Number
Calculating your birthday and cycle # for 2019 use the following method. Add together:
- the number of the month
- day of birth
- year for which prediction is made (19) using the last 2 digits only
- day of the week your birthday falls on (check below).
SUNDAY = 1 SUN
MONDAY = 2 MOON
TUESDAY = 9 MARS
WEDNESDAY = 5 MERCURY
THURSDAY = 3 JUPITER
FRIDAY = 6 VENUS
SATURDAY = 8 SATURN
Add all of this together and the number that results from this addition becomes the number of the projected year.
NOTE: As this summary is very general it can only provide an overall idea of what is to come. For more precise possibilities one should consider having one’s personalized chart done and consult a competent numerologist or astrologer, experienced and gifted in such matters.
YEAR CYCLE #1, RULED BY THE SUN
Important year of significant changes. Difficulties and problems that have existed for many years will vanish. One develops a new outlook. One hones down to the essentials and shines bright like a sun. One will feel lucky, special and receives help from people, especially people in authority and the government. One feels more healthy, robust and progressive about all one’s involvements. There will be easier success in business if one gets focused, organized and plans ahead as it is a cycle of new beginnings, so sowing seeds. One will meet interesting people that provide impetus for new directions. One will be less fearful, anxious or insecure. One will work hard however experience less stress. One will achieve name and fame, especially in competitions. This is also an excellent cycle for buying something new, starting a new venture or investment scheme. For artists/musicians this will be a superb year to make a significant societal contribution and or composition.
YEAR CYCLE #2 RULED BY THE MOON
This cycle will bring an increase in personal happiness, richer magnetism, and feeling attractive to others. As well as new friends, who will be helpful in the future. Overall there will be less worry and stress, yet deeper emotionality superseded by more practicality. One will experience benefit from real estate and find a new house/home/apartment and an overall improved living situation through patience and good planning. One will experience profound changes in the way one thinks and perceives. The most important factor will be to observe the necessity of worrying and hurrying less and thereby becoming more conscious of each moment.
YEAR CYCLE # 3 RULED BY JUPITER
This will bring more knowledge and practical everyday wisdom. It will be a time to complete old projects and get ready for a major shift and life transformation during the year. One will meet new acquaintances that will become friends. Overall an auspicious year as it brings financial gain, name and honor in society if one efforts to express oneself clearly. This is a meaningful cycle for writers and orators. These people should be careful as the influence of Jupiter can make them exaggerate the truth and make them frank and fearless that could get them into trouble. It is a very good cycle for planning the next venue and or getting a job promotion. Not good for lawsuits however and also a time to tests one’s new friends before trusting them completely.
YEAR CYCLE #4 RULED BY RAHU
This year will bring success with difficulties. There will be strength, undisturbed by unforeseen troubles and obstacles. There is alertness, hard work, and calm. There are also financial gains, increased sources of income, and financial stability. You will experience new ventures, such as a new house or apartment. This year will also be auspicious, for one may get married, but if one does not want to marry officially, one gets a life partner. Married people with no children get a child. This year is good for relationships with friends and life partners. It is not successful for love affairs and romance. It will be good for relations with government officials and men of authority. This year will be good for traveling, spiritual pursuits and religious activities.
YEAR CYCLE #5 RULED BY MERCURY
This year will be a year of success and financial stability. It brings an increase in one's circle of friends. It is also good for business and businessmen. It will be good for traveling and for going abroad on business or for enjoyment. It will be good for partnership in business. It is a time to be conscious while talking, and also to be conscious while signing a deal or a contract. It is good for those employed in the media and communications business: writers, poets, actors, entertainers, radio artists, and journalists. It will be good for appearing in competitions and taking risks. It will be a memorable year.
YEAR CYCLE #6 RULED BY VENUS
Year number 6 is good for family relationships, free from the problems of household affairs. It is also good for romance and conceiving a child. It is good for interior decorators, actors, musicians, poets, and painters as well as for filmmakers, theatre people, and those involved in show business. Good for jewelers and people involved in the perfume business. It will be good for spending on decoration, entertainment, and enjoyment. It is a time to get employment, for those who are unemployed. It is a time to deal with items of beauty, sensual enjoyment, worldly pleasure, and gifts. This year also brings the chance of getting unexpected wealth and a raise in salary.
YEAR CYCLE #7 RULED BY KETU
This year will hold misunderstandings and difficulties. There will be difficulties in business: more work, less profit. Success in such things as court cases and law suits. It will also be a year to test friends and helpers and to avoid unnecessary discussion. Devote energy to the healing arts, astrology, practice of Tantra, magic, and hypnosis. Take fewer risks and be conscious in love affairs and romance; there are chances of getting a bad name. Remain optimistic and undisturbed if one desires success in jobs undertaken. A patient and optimistic attitude will solve problems and remove obstacles. The difficulties are only a test. This will also be a good year for healers, astrologers, and those involved in occult sciences.
YEAR CYCLE #8 RULED BY SATURN
This year will be good for politicians, social workers, and people involved in the iron and steel industry. It brings the opportunity to start a new venture. It will be poor in the area of health. Precautions are needed; for example, avoid stress, excitement, and anxiety. Use more juices and spices, which clean the blood and strengthen the heart. Use pearl powder (mukta pishti) and powdered blue sapphire (neelam pishti). It is a time to gain success in worldly matters; one should use one' energy to become more creative. The right use of energy will bring good luck. It is good for gaining victory over enemies, and in lawsuits. It is a time to become independent, to rely on one's own resources and judgment. It is good for social work.
YEAR CYCLE #9 RULED MARS
This year will be a year of completion, success, and good fortune. It is a time for fulfillment of desires, for organizing oneself and a year of gaining favors from men of authority and government officials. It will also bring slight disagreements - a harmful exchange of harsh words with an officer is possible. There will be success in combat and competitions and honor by society. There is a chance of unexpected financial gains, through a lottery, inheritance, or other source. During this year, one should also avoid doubting and perfectionism. By devoting more energy to spiritual pursuits, the year will bring good results.
* * *
Firmly shining within me
Lays that Divine spark
Essence can I Be
A Light in the dark.
Christina Richa Devi
2019 ASTRO FORECAST AND DAILY MOON and NAKSHATRA CALENDAR
Have the insider astro nuggets for 2019 at your fingertips!
Daily, precisely calculated Moon and Nakshatras transits of the entire 12 months This is a priceless tool to select auspicious times and avoid troublesome transits re major decisions.
Please ask for a sample of the 2019 Calendar.
|Available in PDF format for $12.60.
To receive a printable copy of my 2019 Astro Forecast, send $31.50.
|Or purchase both the Moon-Nakshatra Calendar and 2019 Forecast for $37.80.